Moving

One Girls Crazy Outlook on life in Southern Maine



In December 2010 I moved to Southern Maine from a small town next to Bangor (Bangor is right in the center Maine and is one of the largest cities in Maine for those of you wondering if it's in Canada). Here are some crazy stories of outings, hikes, beer and just the general mayhem that is my life. Welcome. Enjoy. Love it.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Stockhouse Restaurant & Sports Pubs



Location: 506 Main Street, Westbrook Maine 04092

Price: $

The stockhouse was one of those places that we found all of a sudden online one day. We were searching for a restaurant that served cheap wings on any given night. In Bangor, where we are from, there is a restaurant called The Roost. There they serve 35 cent wings every night after 7 PM. It blew my mind that there wasn't a place like that in Portland, so I started doing some research. That is when I came across The Stockhouse. The restaurant is located in Westbrook Maine. A small cute little town located northwest of Portland. There, we found a wing deal; 25 cent wings on Tuesday nights! This just about knocked me out of my chair. 25 Cent wings?!?? really?!? that was just amazing to me, especially in this economy. I should have known there are a catch.
When we go to The stockhouse, which is an old warehouse turned into a College hang out, we waited about 10 minutes just for someone to come over and greet us.  We then had to wait another 10 minutes to be seated because the place was so jam packed with drunk college kids just wanting their 25 cent wings. Now, let me just tell you a little something about myself. When I get hungry, I get grouchy, when I have to wait to be seated, I get even more grouchy. However, I held it together and waited with my boyfriend for "about" ten minutes.
Once we were seated it took no time at all to get our drinks and put in our order. We were so excited about the 25 cent Buffalo wings that we nearly forgot to order beer. Which was also on special for $2.50 for a BIG glass of Bud Light. And when I say big I mean 22 oz of beer for $2.50! AMAZING! Naturally we ordered our beer first, then as I started looking over the menu, my eyes caught something.
"The Rules"
remember that "catch" that I mentioned, well here is was.
1. If purchasing 25 cent wings, you must tip the waitress at least 15 % Gratuity. (which is automatically added to the receipt)
2. When purchasing 25 cent wings, you must buy a drink. If you are buying a soft drink, refills are not free

Those are the only two that I remember, but I assure you there was a whole list.

Despite the fact that I needed prerequisites to eat the 25 cent wings, I still wanted them.

We ended up ordering the Hot, Sweet n' Spicy, and the Jerk Style wings, and ooooohhh mmmaaannnn they were delicious! My favorite were the Sweet n' Spicy. The flavor was just amazing. The least favoirte were the Jerk.  This was a rub, not a sauce, and it made if very difficult to enjoy the actual tenderness of the chicken. We also had sweet potato fries (shocking right?) they were very good, and very crispy, just how we like them.

Because it was wing night we only indulged ourselves with Wings. However, The Stockhouse has a very extensive Menu that every age would enjoy. I would go back even if I do have to have some sort of degree to eat the wings.


This is what the inside of The Stockhouse looks like. Except the night we went they also had "ghetto" folding tables set up to double their capacity.

No comments:

Post a Comment