Moving

One Girls Crazy Outlook on life in Southern Maine



In December 2010 I moved to Southern Maine from a small town next to Bangor (Bangor is right in the center Maine and is one of the largest cities in Maine for those of you wondering if it's in Canada). Here are some crazy stories of outings, hikes, beer and just the general mayhem that is my life. Welcome. Enjoy. Love it.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Authentic Asian Cuisine, Fuji

Considering I have been spending time in the Portland Area for about 8 months, I have had many chances to experience some amazing places to eat.  This being said, I have to back track a little bit to review the restaurants I have already been to.


So, I will start with Fuji in Portland Maine.



Location: 29 Exchange Street, Portland Maine, 04001
Price: 
Dining: $$
Hibatchi: $$$


Fuji is one of those places that doesn't exist outside of  Portland Maine. This place holds a special place in my heart because it was our first date. Fuji has a different array of foods that are simply amazing. My entree was vegetable tempura. Tempura is a delicious concoction of battered fried stuff. VEGETABLE tempura is a delicious concoction of healthy batter fried stuff!

Who could ask for more? The Tempura also came with a miso soup. I am not sure how I feel about this soup at Fuji. There was an abundance of sea weed in the soup. However, this was my only complaint. The plate of tempura was like a giant mound of epic batter dipped fried deliciousness. It was such a huge mound of food that even I could not finish it. In addition to the outstanding food, we had MAI TAI'S! EP.IC. A mai tai is a cocktail that includes:
These drinks are AMAZING and at Fuji, they are STRONG.



I would highly recommend Fuji for a first date, or any date for that matter. The restaurant is separated into two sections. The upstairs is your typical sit down restaurant.  This is ideal for a nice conversation and a generally good place to get to know each other. Downstairs is a Hibachi.  Although I have never been to the Hibachi at Fuji, I have heard that it is relatively loud. This would be good for large parties who just want to have a good time.


1 comment:

  1. Went to Fuji recently for dinner with friends. Had a few drinks at the bar downstairs beforehand and received a most excellent, although pricey vodka tonic. And for about 3-4 minutes we were also subjected to some weird, funky smell while at the bar…kind of like fish and garbage left out in the sun too long. There were 9 in our party and we had reservations for the Hibachi table, which are located downstairs. The restaurant probably should limit the number of people who sit around the Hibachi table, as it was way too cramped with 9. Two people were sitting on corners of the table and had to lean in to eat off their plate. My hubby had the very inside seat where there was a board pushing into his knee because there was no leg room. The teppanyaki selections were extensive and came with salad, soup, 2 grilled shrimp, white rice and lo Mein noodles with veggies.

    ReplyDelete