Moving

One Girls Crazy Outlook on life in Southern Maine



In December 2010 I moved to Southern Maine from a small town next to Bangor (Bangor is right in the center Maine and is one of the largest cities in Maine for those of you wondering if it's in Canada). Here are some crazy stories of outings, hikes, beer and just the general mayhem that is my life. Welcome. Enjoy. Love it.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Chipotle Mexican Grill


Location: 363 Maine Mall Rd, South Portland, ME


Price: $

Chipotle arrived in South Portland In mid November and has been quite a hit. Unfortunately for Portland, Chipotle isn't local, its not even a new restaurant. In fact, I visited a Chipotle when I was in Oregon in 2006. We are just a little behind the times here is Maine, no big deal.


Anyway, we decided to go on a cold day in February and it was delicious. The beauty of Chipotle is you can pretty much get whatever you want. When you walk in you go straight to the front to order. It's a little bit like ordering a sandwich at Subway, only you are ordering a Burrito instead. The shells are made right at the store, and you have a choice of multiple items to put in it. The first choice you have is cilantro-lime rice or pinto beans... I got both. You then have the choice of chicken or steak, cheese, guacamole, or salsa (or all of them) and lettuce and/or tomato. I, being a fat kid, got all of them. My boyfriend though, is fussy and only got rice, steak and cheese.


Inside the building. You must walk to the front to order food. You then choose your own table.

You better be hungry if you are visiting chipotle,  the burritos are huge.



You can also get nachos, which is really just a bag of tortilla chips that you dip in salsa verde, which is HOT. If you want guacamole it is going to cost you extra. Just a warning.

Chipotle is good but it is not my favorite. There are a few reasons for this. For starters, I am not really a "chain restaurant" type of girl. If there are a few of the same restuarnt here or there it's fine, but Chipotle is literally located all over the country, I really like local places so much better. Secondly, I am more of a sit down type of girl. I don't want to stand up at the front counter and order. Other than my reserves on the place, the food really is very good. I would recommend a visit there if you are in the mall area in South Portland. Make sure you bring your appitite.

No comments:

Post a Comment