Moving

One Girls Crazy Outlook on life in Southern Maine



In December 2010 I moved to Southern Maine from a small town next to Bangor (Bangor is right in the center Maine and is one of the largest cities in Maine for those of you wondering if it's in Canada). Here are some crazy stories of outings, hikes, beer and just the general mayhem that is my life. Welcome. Enjoy. Love it.

Friday, March 30, 2012

Fuji Hibachi

Alright, I have talked about Fuji before, and I have talked about Hibachi's before. I have never talked about the Hibachi at Fuji though for the simple fact that I have never been there. Well, until last night. Let me tell you, I was impressed.
My boyfriend turned 26 yesterday (old. I know) so I decided to take him out to a nice dinner for his birthday.

After discussing a few options, including Grace, Havana South and Buffalo Wild Wings. We settled on Havana South. All excited we looked at the menu, figured out what we wanted, even called for reservations, which straight to voice mail. I just figured they were very busy.


We arrived at the Old Port around 6:30pm and walked about 3 blocks in 14 degree weather (that was fun). Only to discover that Havana South was CLOSED! In all honestly, we still aren't sure why. There were no signs stating anything about them being closed. There was also nothing on the website (that I saw anyway) stating they were closed. A nice sign on the door simply stating (hey, by the way, we aren't open) would have been epic. Of course, being somewhat intelligent people (I like to think so anyway) we figured it out when we approached the building and all the lights were off.
Anyway, cold and a little let down we headed to Commercial Street. A mention of Three Dollar Dewey's came up, but was of course shot down (by stubborn ol' me) because I don't consider it "nice."

We then decided that we would check out the Farmer's Table. We had never been there and heard that it was good. PLUS! it was only one block away. This sounded good to me since I was pretty confident that my nose was going to fall off of my face at any moment.
We walked faster than normal that one block. Only to find, to our dismay THEY WERE CLOSED TOO! What the hell Portland! At this point, I was little, no, A LOT annoyed. And I was hungry. And I was cold. This isn't good. We made our way up exchange street. Trying to find a place to eat. That's when we saw FUJI!
We have been to Fuji about 5 times before this. We had never been to the Hibachi together though. Eagerly, we made our way inside.

To our lovely surprise. We were the only two at the table! This was nice because it made for a very friendly close atmosphere. 


We sat down the table and of course, ordered two Mai Tais.
They were amazing. As usual.

I decided that I would order the Teriaki Chicken and Scallops with Brown rice while Thomas ordered the Tariaki Chicken and Steak. They were both amazing, and there is nothing like watching your food be cooked right in front of you and catching balls of rice in your mouth. Which I did. On the First try. Yup. I am awesome.






 I also ordered the Asparagus-Kappa Roll. OOOOH MMMYYYY



4 comments:

  1. yeah, havana south is closed forever: http://www.pressherald.com/news/havana-south-closes-doors-in-citys-old-port_2012-01-07.html
    weird that there's nothing about it on the building/website!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe because it closed 3 months ago? They were doomed from the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even if they did close three months ago, there should be signs on the door AND on the website.

    ReplyDelete